Friday, June 17, 2011

Complete Makeover

I have given my blog a complete makeover - including the title and main subject. Since I had not posted anything in about a year, I decided it was time to either make some serious changes or cancel my blogger account. I realized that the reason I had not posted anything was because I am a little bit afraid to post the things I really feel strongly about. I constantly find myself wanting to post (on facebook) atheist videos, songs, quotes, articles, or just my own very anti-religion thoughts. I always stop myself because I'm afraid of offending someone or starting an argument. I'm realizing now, that while I am not asking for an argument, I do feel strongly that the conversations that may begin as a result of some of my posts are conversations that really need to be had. The fact that I am afraid to post these things is proof that the conversation needs to begin. A lot of atheists probably live like me - half in the closet - and I think more of us should "come out." So, I changed my blog to start a conversation. I know there are many others out there who feel the same way I do about religion, many who feel differently and others still who don't know what to believe. I hope to make those who think the way I do feel comfortable sharing their thoughts, give those who don't know what to believe some things to think about, and hopefully inspire some to at least question their beliefs.

As the title of my blog implies, the other thing that is important to me is teaching. I am currently looking for a permanent teaching position in an elementary school. I am very passionate about teaching and helping kids to become the best possible people. While it would seem that my non-religious beliefs and teaching do not have a lot to do with each other (SEPARATION of church and state), there are surprisingly many times where there is some overlap or issues that come up relating to both.

Let the conversation begin......

No comments:

Post a Comment